Back to top

Pepino ice cream parlour in Turin selected by J-MOMO for vending.

JMomo 7 April 2022 0 comments

Pepino ice cream parlour in Turin selected by J-MOMO for vending.
In 1884, ice-cream maker Domenico Pepino moved his business from Naples to Turin and opened an ice-cream laboratory under the name of “Vera Gelateria Napoletana” (True Neapolitan Ice-cream Shop). Thanks to the quality of the raw materials and the originality of the recipes, it soon managed to win over the difficult Savoy palates.

Mr. Pepino showed great initiative and at the beginning of the 20th century, with his participation in the International and Universal Expositions of Turin, he ensured himself notoriety and appreciation to the point of receiving on June 2, 1910, the first patent of “Official Supplier of the Royal House” from His Highness the Duke of Genoa. The same will be done on March 31, 1913 by Princess Letizia of Savoy Napoleon, Duchess of Aosta, consecrating him as “court ice cream maker”. The success continued and between 1925 and 1932 Gelati PEPINO was awarded two more Royal Coats of Arms thanks to its quality and spirit of innovation.

Post a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *